Friday, February 19, 2010

Pilots n Paws Rocks!


Problem: A wonderful 6 year old wire fox terrier needs a new home. His name is Alex and he is in Phoenix. Alex has been tossed around since his owner diet. A foster home is available in Boise. How do we get Alex from Phoenix to Boise? Hmmm, we've got a problem!
Solution: Pilots n Paws to the rescue!

I posted a request to the pilots who volunteer through www.pilotsnpaws.org and within a day I had several offers to get Alex flown to me! Jack Wood, a wonderful volunteer pilot, flew Mr. Alex from Phoenix to Reno. Alex is being boarded there until Kelley Moore picks him up on Saturday and drives him back to Boise.

I would like to thank not only Jack Wood, but my wonderful rescue folk volunteers on the Phoenix and Reno end of this transport. Follow my blog for updates on Alex. He gets neutered on Tuesday (ouch!) and then will be available for adoption. Cool!!

-Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment