Sunday, March 14, 2010

Koko the Burmese Kitty


I just finished a pet sitting job caring for Koko, a 16 year old Burmese cat. I adored her not because she was sweet and affectionate, but because she was old and wise. The first day she talked at me and told me she was not happy about me being there...filling in for her people. It was obvious that she was not happy. As the days passed, I usually arrived to a hiding Koko, or a kitty that really didn't want to be bothered by me...she would hiss at me. But, after about the 4th visit, a break-though. Koko was hiding on me and I could not find her. Suddenly, as I searched the master bedroom closet, she gave me a very faint "meow". I don't think I would have found her had she not given me that sweet clue. From there on out, she accepted me. I had to put her ever so gently and stroke her chin just right. She purred very faintly and her tail swished. She stayed on my lap and when it was time to go and I put her on the carpet, she stretched out. These baby steps meant so much to me! I adore Koko.

No comments:

Post a Comment