Friday, March 12, 2010

Skippy the English Setter


Just when I said I was taking a break from fostering, along came Skippy. Skippy is an orange belton English Setter. He was basically being 'warehoused' in a no-kill shelter in Nevada for the past 7 months. Yes, I said SEVEN months. This is my beef against no-kill shelters. They just keep dogs forever sometimes. I don't believe in this kind of life for any pet. To top things off, poor Skippy fell through the cracks and was never advertised on petfinder.com Unbelievable.

Kelley Moore rescued him and brought him to me for fostering. He is a bright, happy boy who is happy to be stretching his legs again and chasing birds in the backyard. He is being shown to a prospective adopter today, so keep your fingers crossed. He is 2 years old and it's time for him to enter the next, happier chapter of his life.

1 comment: