Monday, November 30, 2009

Funny Face the Turtle


Always something new with pet sitting! I got my first turtle client...Funny Face the Russian tortoise. While I really thought this would be a really boring gig, I was wrong! She is actually quite fun. I went to see her on Saturday. She was burrowed under some dirt, keeping warm under her heat lamp. I was instructed to fill her water tub with a couple inches of water and to let her splash about as I cleaned her aquarium. Well, that was really cute...she gentle splashed about and I enjoyed watching her little feet and heat move around. When I put her back, she was hungry. Have you ever seen a turtle eat? Too funny! She was a little prehistoric piglet...chomp chomp. It's hard to describe it exactly, but let's say I was really entertained by my little friend. Now if I could get interested in tadpoles and frogs!

No comments:

Post a Comment